Saturday, October 15, 2011

JewelMint Box to Keepsake Box

I have to thank http://sweetteetle.blogspot.com for this idea. I'm obsessed with JewelMint and I've got stacks of their beautiful boxes that I can't bring myself to throw away. Sooo I searched online and stumbled onto this project.

I'm not a frequent crafter so to say that this project was messy is an understatement, I think. It got even messier when I decided to paint the sides black, to hide that mint green color that was visible when the box is closed. The note below has taken on new meanings. Like, if you think the "inspire" and flower stickers look out of place, well that's because I had to do something to cover up some oopsies. Haha!

Anyway, I got the key from Michael's. I thought I would need Krazy Glue, but glue gun worked just fine. It wasn't as heavy as I thought it would be. I just had to work fast because the metal cools the hot glue quickly.

Also from Michael's is this Art-C glitter mist in gold, which I sprayed on the letters. You can't see it in the picture, but it gave the letters a nice finish. I wasn't too fond of the designs on the letters. I thought they clashed with the polka dots, but when it was all glittery gold, I liked it. I'm loving this glitter mist. It's not messy, it's super easy to handle, and the glitter didn't get everywhere.

Most of the other materials used in this project, I bought from Walmart or the Dollar Tree. Super cheap. So if you're not a frequent crafter like me, or just starting out, or only doing only one specific project, hunt down sale, clearance, bargain, or cheaper items in stores like Walmart, the Dollar Tree, or Big Lots.

No comments: