Thursday, February 16, 2012

Dinner Tonight, Whatever is There

This is what I did with some ground turkey and leftover chicken, longanisa, and tosino.


I don't really know what to call it, but it tastes good :-) It's basically whatever I found. I know we had some ground turkey that had to be used soon and leftover rotisserie chicken (I had to boil it and shred off the meat). I also found leftover longanisa and tosino, a handful of green beans, and red bell pepper that's still fresh but there was a lot and they need to be used soon too.

This recipe is good for a potluck dinner, serves maybe 8-10 people (possibly 12?). I know, I know. I made too much. I never can gauge the right quantity. I always end up making too much.

2.5 lb ground turkey (could use less without reducing rest of the recipe, 1-1.5 lbs okay)
1 1/4 cup shredded chicken
2 pieces of longanisa (sausage), cubed
5 pieces of tosino, cubed
1 lg red bell pepper, diced in small pieces
handful of green beans, cut in 1/2-1" pieces
1 can black eyed peas, drained
1 lg green onion, diced
1/2 lg onion, diced
2 cloves garlic, minced
3 cups arborio rice
1/2 cup white wine
water as needed
1/2 tbsp cayenne pepper
1 tbsp paprika
salt and pepper to taste

On med heat in large saute pan or pot, saute onion and garlic, ground turkey, salt and pepper to taste. Saute until turkey halfway cooked.
Add left over meat, bell pepper, green beans, green onion, cayenne pepper, paprika.
Saute until turkey cooked through.
Add arborio rice, white wine, and 2 cups of water. Mix thoroughly.
Cover and cook on med low to med heat until rice is done, approx 20-25 min. Mixing occasionally and adding water as needed (might have to add around 3-4 cups of water).
When rice is done, turn off stove and remove from heat.
Mix in black eyed peas. Serve in 5 minutes when black eyes peas heated through.

No comments: