Thursday, May 31, 2012

Wreaths, Crochet, and Ticket Stubs

I have been crafting. Yay! I made a summer wreath because my mom wanted me to take down the Christmas wreath I made.

I also learned some basic crochet and made myself a cell phone case, a clutch (unfinished, I need to put some kind of enclosure), and a water bottle sleeve to keep the condensation from damping the stuff in my purse (it's not pictured).

I also finally made my first ticket stub collage. I hit some snags, like spacing. So I filled in the gaps with movie/theater related doodles. I used Matte Mod Podge to glue the tickets to the 18x24 canvas. Then 2 layers of Glossy Mod Podge. And lastly a black ribbon around the edges. I tried to have some semblance of order, can you tell? Probably not. Haha. But I centered all theater/musical stubs and tried to group some of the colored stubs. Blah, blah. Point is, it's done! Finally. And yet I still have a handful of stubs left over. I bought the canvas for $8 in Big Lots, a branch I happened upon entirely by chance. I need to look for another cheap canvas and I'll probably glue the stubs right away and just add to it as I watch more movies or musicals. Speaking of, Marry Poppins is playing!


No comments: