Monday, January 7, 2013

Drew Barrymore's "Will's Favorite Pasta" with changes

I love when Drew Barrymore cooked on Ellen's show. "What'd I tell you?" she exclaimed. "Not sexy!" She reminded me of my sister: a little neurotic in the kitchen. Haha! Watching them cook is kinda entertaining. But I took Drew's recipe and cooked it with changes. It was GOOD! Unbelievably good. I thought it might be a little bland, but no. It was YUMMY, DELICIOUS, and HERBACIOUSLY ADDICTING. So here goes.

Here's the clip of Drew Barrymore cooking on Ellen.


Here's the actual recipe from ellentv.com: Drew Barrymore's "Will's Favorite Pasta" Recipe

And here's how I changed it.

1. I took out the Harissa sauce because I don't like spicy foods and I didn't want to buy it.

2. I added basil chicken. Pan fry cubed chicken breast with 1/2 cup basil (chiffonade cut), salt & pepper to taste and set it aside until sauce is almost done. Add chicken and al dente pasta into the sauce and heat through everything.

3. I added 1/2 small onion, cubed because I didn't have onion salt

4. I didn't use tomato paste

5. I used spaghetti rigatti because that's what I had

6. I added grated Parmesan cheese when serving


It wasn't very saucy and I was afraid it might come out bland, but it was delicious.

No comments: