Thursday, November 17, 2011

Deconstructed Jewelry

More deconstructed jewelry!
I started with 3 pieces of jewelry. This necklace from Target for $3.74, the earrings from my sister, and another necklace from Factory 2U that I forgot to take a picture of (think of a gaudy bib style chain necklace).

For the Target necklace, I wanted the rings. I've wanted stacking rings for my pinky and those fit. Yay! I would have kept the necklace intact minus a few of the rings if the chains weren't so short that it was like a choker piece. I think it would have worked better with longer chains.

Anyway I took apart the chains of the Factory 2U necklace, linked them together (that was a pain), and then linked bits and pieces from all three pieces of jewelry. And I came up with this simple necklace. I want to make it shorter but the only closures I have are bronze lobster clasps. So until I have some silver closures, it's just gonna have to be long enough to slip on and off.

I also came up with this earring pair, so much better without all the fussy beadwork.

No comments: