Tuesday, December 13, 2011

Knitting Beanies

I'm annoyed at knitting beanies. The first hat I ever knitted was my pink and gray beret, which I love but knitted quite by accident. I was so confused when making that beret....  Anyway, I had extra yarn that I decided to turn into a beanie and got this.

I like it, sure. But see that flower at the top? I had to learn how to crochet to make that because I didn't like how it turned out when I started decreasing. I'm 100% sure I prefer knitting to crocheting. Those hooks keep splitting my yarn!

Anyway, my brother wanted a beanie and I told him a long time ago that I'll make him one. But I can never get the length right. This yellow beanie took me a week. I kept tinking because it kept ending up too short. I thought the black beanie I was making for my brother was long enough, but it wasn't. I didn't want to tink so I crocheted another flower and got this. Good for summer maybe? Now I have to knit another beanie. I miss knitting scarves.

No comments: